Subject: bug#16334: 24.3.50; company-capf eats the first char in IELM filename completions

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 10:21:23 +0400

On 08.01.2014 07:33, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> Already done:
>> https://github.com/company-mode/company-mode/compare/b70540b5fcd062c4670dea7004453de326ff4f70...8ecec3594931ae8e2329fec4b793ad4ba392e4ef
>
> It's not in elpa yet.

It will be. Users won't get the new version until the header's bumped 
anyway.

>> On the other hand, the backend is free to try all completion styles it
>
> The backends know nothing about completion styles.

Yes, but is this the best approach? I see you're taking advantage of 
`completion-regexp-list' and the fact that `all-completions' is 
implemented in C in `completion-pcm--all-completions', but if one would 
implement a completion function using an external service, in many cases 
this would mean a non-optimal amount of data to have to be transferred.

And a service's implementation of different completion styles could be 
just as fast, if not faster. Omnisharp has it already, so using it 
should make sense.