Subject: 24.3; byte-recompile-directory when directory named expand-region.el issues IO error

From: Ryan Mulligan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 19:38:23 -0800

Hello.

emacs -Q --eval "(byte-recompile-directory
\"/home/ryantm/projects/emacs/expand-region.el/\" 0)"

writes

Error: IO error reading /home/ryantm/projects/emacs/expand-region.el: Is a
directory

in the *Compile-Log* buffer. Changing the directory name to "expand-region"
makes it work as expected.

Regards,
Ryan Mulligan

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.2)
 of 2013-08-06 on -mnt-storage-buildroots-staging-x86_64-eric
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11405000
Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-xft'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''