Subject: bug#16322: closed (Re: bug#16322: Acknowledgement (24.3; [PATCH] Streamline EUDC LDAP configuration))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 11:26:04 +0000

Your bug report

#16322: 24.3; [PATCH] Streamline EUDC LDAP configuration

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
16322: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16322
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#16322: Acknowledgement (24.3; [PATCH] Streamline EUDC LDAP configuration)
From: Thomas Fitzsimmons <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 06:25:29 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

fixed 16322 25.1
thanks

I pushed the EUDC maintainer and NEWS updates.  Closing.

Thomas

Subject: 24.3; [PATCH] Streamline EUDC LDAP configuration
From: Thomas Fitzsimmons <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2014 20:51:17 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I've published a set of patches to modernize EUDC LDAP configuration
[1].  Here is a summary of the changes:

- Replace ~/.eudc-options with Customize for the server hotlist

- Add support for ldapsearch's -H option, to allow specifying ldaps://
  host URIs for LDAP-over-SSL

- Implicitly append the LDAP wildcard character to the last attribute
  value of a query

- Improve expansion defaults (e.g., don't query on surname, by default
  expand to a format that includes first name, surname and email
  address)

- Improve password handling:

  - Add password-cache support for interactive prompting

  - Pass the password to ldapsearch through a pipe rather than on the
    command line

- Other minor compatibility and UI fixes

- Expand EUDC LDAP Info documentation, providing LDAP-over-SSL
  configuration examples

Thomas

1. https://code.launchpad.net/~fitzsim/emacs/streamline-eudc-configuration

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
 of 2014-01-01 on fitzsim-lnx
Bzr revision: 111339 [email-masked]
System Description:	Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation release 6.4 (Santiago)

Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/local/program/streamline-eudc-configuration'
 '--with-x-toolkit=no''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Message

Minor modes in effect:
  mml-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: message-do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
RET TAB TAB SPC M i l TAB RET C-x k RET C-g ESC x e 
b DEL m a c TAB b u TAB DEL DEL r e p o TAB DEL DEL 
DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL r e p o TAB TAB TAB 
TAB t DEL r TAB RET

Recent messages:
Creating customization setup...done
To install your edits, invoke [State] and choose the Set operation
Change the state of this item.
byte-code: Incorrect LDAP password or bind distinguished name (binddn)
Parsing results... done
Parsing results... done
Parsing results... done
Making completion list...
Quit
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail help-fns conf-mode help-mode
eudcb-ldap ldap password-cache eudc eudc-vars gnus-util edmacro kmacro
message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader cus-edit cus-start cus-load
wid-edit ispell jka-compr info easymenu time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting x multi-tty emacs)