Subject: 24.3; [PATCH] Streamline EUDC LDAP configuration

From: Thomas Fitzsimmons <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2014 20:51:17 -0500

Hi,

I've published a set of patches to modernize EUDC LDAP configuration
[1].  Here is a summary of the changes:

- Replace ~/.eudc-options with Customize for the server hotlist

- Add support for ldapsearch's -H option, to allow specifying ldaps://
  host URIs for LDAP-over-SSL

- Implicitly append the LDAP wildcard character to the last attribute
  value of a query

- Improve expansion defaults (e.g., don't query on surname, by default
  expand to a format that includes first name, surname and email
  address)

- Improve password handling:

  - Add password-cache support for interactive prompting

  - Pass the password to ldapsearch through a pipe rather than on the
    command line

- Other minor compatibility and UI fixes

- Expand EUDC LDAP Info documentation, providing LDAP-over-SSL
  configuration examples

Thomas

1. https://code.launchpad.net/~fitzsim/emacs/streamline-eudc-configuration

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
 of 2014-01-01 on fitzsim-lnx
Bzr revision: 111339 [email-masked]
System Description:	Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation release 6.4 (Santiago)

Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/local/program/streamline-eudc-configuration'
 '--with-x-toolkit=no''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Message

Minor modes in effect:
  mml-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: message-do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
RET TAB TAB SPC M i l TAB RET C-x k RET C-g ESC x e 
b DEL m a c TAB b u TAB DEL DEL r e p o TAB DEL DEL 
DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL r e p o TAB TAB TAB 
TAB t DEL r TAB RET

Recent messages:
Creating customization setup...done
To install your edits, invoke [State] and choose the Set operation
Change the state of this item.
byte-code: Incorrect LDAP password or bind distinguished name (binddn)
Parsing results... done
Parsing results... done
Parsing results... done
Making completion list...
Quit
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail help-fns conf-mode help-mode
eudcb-ldap ldap password-cache eudc eudc-vars gnus-util edmacro kmacro
message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader cus-edit cus-start cus-load
wid-edit ispell jka-compr info easymenu time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting x multi-tty emacs)