Subject: 24.3; customize-group shows variables from overloaded built-in packages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2014 15:26:00 -0600

starting from emacs -Q, with no packages installed:

(package-initialize)
(package-install 'ada-mode)
(customize-group 'ada)

This displays variables from built-in Ada mode 4.01 (for example
ada-xref-confirm-compile), even though the newer Ada mode 5.0 is
installed, which does not declare those variables.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Custom

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-h v a d a - x r e f <tab> C-g <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <options> <customize> <customize-browse>
C-h v a d a - x r e <tab> <down> <down> C-g <up> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <right> <right>
<right> <right> <return> <down> <right> <right> <right>
<return> C-h v a d a - x r e <tab> <tab> C-g <help-echo>
M-x r e p o r t <tab> <return> p a c k a g e <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> c u s o m i <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
t o m i <backspace> C-g C-h f b r o <tab> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> c r
<backspace> u r <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> s <backspace> s <backspace>
<backspace> s t i m <backspace> <backspace> o m <tab>
i z e - b <tab> <tab> C-SPC <M-left> <M-left> <M-left>
<M-right> <M-right> <M-left> <M-right> <M-right> <delete>
C-g M-x <up> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading system routine info in idle time...
Failed to convert XML routine info, falling back on idlw-rinfo.
Could not locate any system routine information.
Loading system routine info in idle time...done
Normalizing idlwave-system-routines in idle time...done
Loading and normalizing library catalogs in idle time...done
Finishing initialization in idle time...
Scanning all buffers...
Quit
Making completion list...
Quit

Load-path shadows:
c:/Projects/emacs_stephe.work/emacs_stephe_site_lisp/vc-git hides c:/Apps/emacs-24.3/lisp/vc/vc-git
c:/home/stephe/.emacs.d/elpa/ada-mode-5.0.1/ada-mode hides c:/Apps/emacs-24.3/lisp/progmodes/ada-mode
c:/Projects/emacs_stephe.work/emacs_stephe_site_lisp/nnnil hides c:/Apps/emacs-24.3/lisp/gnus/nnnil

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr cus-theme eieio-custom wid-browse tree-widget
emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils help-mode vhdl-mode hippie-exp
assoc verilog-mode diff vera-mode tcl simula sieve sieve-mode
sieve-manage sh-script executable sgml-mode ruby-mode python rx prolog
perl-mode pascal octave-mod rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode
nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok modula2 smie
meta-mode m4-mode ld-script js json info-look idlwave idlwave-help
idlw-help browse-url icon hideshow fortran f90 delphi dcl-mode tempo
css-mode cperl-mode cfengine cfengine3 asm-mode antlr-mode etags
else-mode cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs gnat-inspect ada-skel ada-skeletons
skeleton ada-xref-tool ada-gnat-xref ada-compiler ada-gnat-compile
gnat-core ada-indent-engine ada-wisi ada-indent-user-options
ada-grammar-wy wisi-compile semantic/wisent/comp wisi wisi-parse
semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet
ada-fix-error ada-build ada-mode which-func imenu align find-file sql
thingatpt ps-mode cus-edit xgit-core bzr-core xmtn-minimal dvc-log
log-edit pcvs-util vc vc-dispatcher ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind
ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff dvc-unified dvc-tips
ffap url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars add-log
dvc-autoloads dvc-core dvc-lisp dvc-buffers dvc-ui dvc-register
dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs dvc-site uniquify advice help-fns
advice-preload time delsel cus-start cus-load color-theme cl-macs gv
edmacro kmacro wid-edit cl cl-lib noutline outline easy-mmode iswitchb
whitespace dired-x dired-aux dired compile comint ansi-color ring
ada-mode-autoloads info easymenu wisi-autoloads finder-inf package
time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process w32 multi-tty emacs)