Subject: bug#16313: 24.3; package-delete does not update package-alist

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2014 06:38:19 -0600

package-delete does not update package-alist

This means that package-installed-p will still return true after
package-delete deletes the package.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Package Menu

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
r s i o n - t o - l i s t SPC a d a - v e r s i o n
) C-SPC <M-left> <M-left> <M-left> <M-left> <M-left>
<left> <M-delete> <down> <down> <down> <left> <left>
<left> <left> <insert> <S-right> <S-right> <S-right>
<S-right> <S-right> <S-right> <left> <left> <M-left>
<left> <M-S-left> w i s i M-w <down> <down> <down>
<down> <right> C-SPC <down> <M-delete> <insert> <up>
<M-right> <M-right> <M-right> M-q a d a <return> w
i s i <return> SPC . M-w <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <end>
<f5> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <down>
<down> <f5> <end> <end> <end> <end> <end> <end> <f5>
<C-f5> g <end> <up> <end> <f5> <up> <up> <down> <down>
<C-f5> g <up> <end> <left> <right> <f5> <C-M-down>
<f12> ~ / e <backspace> . e m <tab> . <tab> e l <tab>
<return> <return> <down> <return> <f11> p a <right>
<return> C-s p a c k a g e - i n s t a l l e d C-s
<up> C-s p a c k a e <backspace> g e - d e l e t e
<switch-frame> C-u C-c p C-u C-c p <f11> n o <return>
C-s b u g <down> <M-left> <M-left> C-SPC <M-right>
<M-right> <M-right> <M-right> <C-f12> <switch-frame>
<switch-frame> M-x <up> <return> C-h k U C-h k ~ <help-echo>
<help-echo> M-x r e p o r t - b u <tab> <return> p
a c k a g e - e <backspace> d e l e t e SPC d o e s
SPC n o t SPC u p d a t e SPC <switch-frame> C-r o
n m s t a <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> i n s t a l l e d - p C-r <switch-frame>
C-g M-x <up> <return>

Recent messages:
Go...
string-equal: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
t
Mark saved where search started [3 times]
Mark set
Saving file c:/home/stephe/.emacs.d/elpa/archives/test/archive-contents...
Wrote c:/home/stephe/.emacs.d/elpa/archives/test/archive-contents
1 package can be upgraded; type `U' to mark it for upgrading.
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.

Quit

Load-path shadows:
c:/Projects/emacs_stephe.work/emacs_stephe_site_lisp/vc-git hides c:/Apps/emacs-24.3/lisp/vc/vc-git
c:/Projects/org.emacs.ada-mode.stephe-1/ada-mode hides c:/Apps/emacs-24.3/lisp/progmodes/ada-mode
c:/Projects/emacs_stephe.work/emacs_stephe_site_lisp/nnnil hides c:/Apps/emacs-24.3/lisp/gnus/nnnil

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
thingatpt browse-url info apropos texnfo-upd else-mode texinfo autoload
tar-mode mail-utils network-stream starttls url-http tls mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url-cache url-auth url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap finder-inf gnat-inspect ada-skel
ada-skeletons skeleton ada-xref-tool ada-gnat-xref ada-compiler
ada-gnat-compile gnat-core ada-indent-engine ada-wisi
ada-indent-user-options ada-grammar-wy wisi-compile semantic/wisent/comp
wisi wisi-parse semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet ada-fix-error ada-build ada-mode which-func
imenu align find-file dvc-state dvc-persistence xmtn-sync tabify man
xgit-dvc xgit cus-edit xgit-annotate rect dvc-annotate xgit-log
sh-script smie executable find-func xmtn-multi-status xmtn-revlist
dvc-revlist warnings dvc-config copyright misearch multi-isearch
make-mode shell pcomplete grep help-mode xmtn-dvc dvc-status dvc-diff
dvc-fileinfo diff-mode xmtn-conflicts xmtn-ids xmtn-match xmtn-automate
xmtn-compat parse-time xmtn-run xmtn-basic-io xmtn-base xgit-core
bzr-core xmtn-minimal dvc-log log-edit pcvs-util vc vc-dispatcher
ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult
ediff-init ediff add-log dvc-autoloads dvc-unified dvc-tips ffap
url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars dvc-core edebug
dvc-lisp dvc-buffers derived dvc-ui dvc-register dvc-utils dvc-emacs
ewoc dvc-defs dvc-site uniquify advice help-fns advice-preload time
delsel cus-start cus-load color-theme cl-macs gv edmacro kmacro wid-edit
cl cl-lib noutline outline easy-mmode iswitchb whitespace dired-x
easymenu dired-aux dired compile comint ansi-color ring
ada-mode-autoloads wisi-autoloads package time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp w32-common-fns
disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process w32 multi-tty emacs)