Subject: bug#16311: 24.3.50; Crash in next_interval

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 19:04:30 -0700

Richard Stallman <[email-masked]> writes:

> I saved this backtrace since I was running Emacs under GDB.
> I then had to restart Emacs, and I don't recall what triggered it.
>
> #0  0x007cd888 in next_interval (interval=0xf51da884) at intervals.c:728
> #1  0x007d8fa0 in Fnext_single_property_change (position=4, prop=11299786, 
>     object=1959598069, limit=2004) at textprop.c:1053
> #2  0x007e18bc in find_composition (pos=1, limit=501, start=0x7fff0004, 
>     end=0x7fff0008, prop=0x7fff000c, object=11166658) at composite.c:439
> #3  0x007e5298 in composition_compute_stop_pos (cmp_it=0x7fff0668, charpos=1, 
>     bytepos=1, endpos=501, string=11166658) at composite.c:1005
> #4  0x0045cbc8 in compute_stop_pos (it=0x7fff01a0) at xdisp.c:3492
> #5  0x0045c610 in handle_stop (it=0x7fff01a0) at xdisp.c:3390

(I'm going through old bug reports that have unfortunately gotten no
responses yet.)

This was reported five years ago and not handled at the time, so I
think it's unlikely that there'll be any progress here, and I'm closing
this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no