Subject: bug#16308: 24.3.50; doc of `font-lock-keywords'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 09:20:42 -0800 (PST)

The description in the Elisp manual, which is our reference, should be
at least as complete as the doc string.  It is not.  In particular, it
does not describe the structure of the value correctly.  It does not
mention the compiled form, with car `t' etc.

The doc string is far more complete.  If anything, it should be the
other way around.  But preferably, both doc string and manual (node
`Search-based Fontification', currently) should each be complete and
correct.

[BTW, the name of that node should use "Search-Based", not "Search-based".]

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-12-27 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 115778 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/binary --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-Ic:/Devel/emacs/include'