Subject: Re: bug#16306: 24.3.50; font change creates blank column on Lucid

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 17:15:29 +0100

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I tried with the "metacity" window manager on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and
>> CentOS 5.10, and the results were much like what I got with
>> "quartz-wm" (i.e., (frame-width) is reduced from 80 to 79).
>
> If it's the size hints as you suspected earlier, the problem should go
> away if you set `frame-resize-pixelwise' to non-nil.  Otherwise, you
> would have to tell me how the new value of `frame-width' gets calculated
> in the case at hand.

I tried reproducing this problem in Debian with whatever the window
manager is in Gnome, and was unable to.  So perhaps this has been fixed?
In any case, a workaround exists, and more information was requested
five years ago, so I doubt there'll be any further progress here, so I'm
closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no