Subject: Re: bug#16297: 24.3; Maybe wrong regexp in python.el (24.3)

From: François Pinard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 01:03:14 -0500

In some code of mine, I was checking if the cursor was at the beginning
class using python-nav-beginning-of-defun-regexp using looking-at, and the
looking-at was returning nil, while I expected a match.

2013/12/29 Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>

> François Pinard wrote:
>
> > Well, I was adapting some of my Emacs Lisp from python-mode.el to use
> > Fabian Gallina's python.el instead. After loading python.el in Emacs
> > 24.3, the value of python-nav-beginning-of-defun-regexp is:
> >
> >
> "^[[:space:]]*\\_<\\(?:class\\|def\\)\\_>[[:space:]]+\\([_[:alpha:]][_[:word:]]*\\)"
> >
> > Maybe I merely miss the meaning of "?:" in this regexp, if any. Yet,
> > by removing "?:" from the above value solved my problem, so maybe the
> > value as defined by Emacs has problem?
>
> Please say what the actual problem is.
>
>

-- 
François Pinard http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca