Subject: bug#16273: 24.3.50; `report-emacs-bug' puts wrong text in mail-client new msg

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 21:52:15 -0800 (PST)

This has been happening lately, from time to time.  When I hit
C-c C-c, instead of this text appearing in the mail-client new message
that pops up:

*** E-Mail body has been placed on clipboard, please paste it here! ***

This is the text that appears there (two lines of text):

*** E-Mail body has been placed on clipboard, please paste
id:/THE/DEFAULT/DIRECTORY/

where /THE/DEFAULT/DIRECTORY/ is the absolute file name of the
value of `default-directory', but without volume name (e.g.,
/usr/.../, not d:/usr/.../).

No idea what causes this (mysterious "id:" and truncated first
sentence), but it cannot be too clear to new users.

[Nit: The first line has a comma splice anyway.  The comma should be a
period (two sentences) or a semicolon.]

It seems that the code that is responsible for filling the mail-client
new message is function `mailclient-send-it' in mailclient.el.  I do not
see how it could end up doing what I'm reporting here, but that's what
I see.  Perhaps `mailclient-encode-string-as-url' is the culprit?

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-12-27 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 115778 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/binary --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-Ic:/Devel/emacs/include'