Subject: bug#16272: closed (Re: bug#16272: 24.3.50; Superfluous newline appears when using electric-pair-mode)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 21:56:03 +0000

Your bug report

#16272: 24.3.50; Superfluous newline appears when using electric-pair-mode

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
16272: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16272
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#16272: 24.3.50; Superfluous newline appears when using electric-pair-mode
From: [email-masked] (João Távora)
To: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Cc: Xue Fuqiao <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 21:54:11 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> Apparently this is fixed:

I confirm this.

> In case there is any confusion, using the --fixes argument when
> committing does not actually close the bug report. You still need to
> send a mail to ###-done@debbugs explaining that you fixed it.

Sorry, there was indeed such a confusion.

Subject: 24.3.50; Superfluous newline appears when using electric-pair-mode
From: Xue Fuqiao <[email-masked]>
To: bug-gnu-emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 10:40:22 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

To reproduce:

   emacs -Q
   M-x fundamental-mode
   M-x electric-pair-mode
   M-<
   RET

Then, two blank lines appear.  This is clearly wrong.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.6)
 of 2013-12-28 on xfq-Lenovo-IdeaPad-Y530
Bzr revision: 115779 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11403000
System Description: Ubuntu 13.10

Configured using:
 `configure --enable-checking --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-gtk-deprecation-warnings'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Recent input:
<menu> r e - e m - b <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
kmacro-call-macro: No kbd macro has been defined

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr kmacro emacsbug message format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)