Subject: Re: bug#16261: 24.3.50; puresize overflowed

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 11:49:12 +0200

> Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 18:28:00 +0900
> From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > I don't see this problem, neither with a 32-bit MS-Windows build nor a
> > 64-bit GNU/Linux build.  So I think Cygwin should define a slightly
> > larger SYSTEM_PURESIZE_EXTRA (or start defining it, if it doesn't
> > now).
> 
> I know neither why it is platform-dependent nor how much it should
> be increased, but it should help.

Grepping loadup.el for "cygwin" might help (but doesn't in this case,
AFAICS).

The difference might be due to Lisp bindings and symbols in
src/cygw32.c.

If neither of the above gives a hint, the only way to find out why
Cygwin needs more pure space is to trace all the calls to 'load'
during dumping, see how much pure space is used up by each loaded Lisp
file, compare that with the use on GNU/Linux, and then look at the
file(s) which need more pure space.