Subject: Re: bug#16253: 24.3.50; Irrelevant warnings from gnutls

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 05:42:32 -0500

On Sun, 09 Feb 2014 19:01:16 -0800 Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote: 

LI> Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]> writes:
>> OK.  I will log them to a special " *TLS errors*" buffer.  That's a good
>> balance.

LI> Yeah, that would be good.  And perhaps limit the size of the buffer.

It rarely gets annoyingly big, but OK...  50K messages?

>> Doing that from C is not obvious, compared to the standard `message'
>> function.  Any hints?  Should I just call `Fget-buffer-create' and
>> call functions to append to the returned buffer Lisp_Object, or is there
>> a magical equivalent?

LI> I just had a look at message_dolog (which puts data into the *Messages*
LI> buffer).  It didn't look pretty...  Is all that really necessary?

Not for my usage, definitely.  I can call the usual ELisp functions, I
just want to know if there's a convenient C shortcut.

>> Also, I think we should add that buffer, plus the version of GnuTLS and
>> the priority string, to bug reports.  WDYT?

LI> For all Emacs bug reports?  Hm...

Yes, if GnuTLS is enabled.  We already sent the messages (from
*Messages*) and the default is not very verbose.

Ted