Subject: bug#16251: 24.3.50; `icomplete-mode' breaks my file opening now

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 21:58:04 -0800 (PST)

[The build noted below is the one this bug report is for.  But I'm
sending this using an older build than the one noted below, because of
another new bug, which prevents using `report-emacs-bug']

Just a preliminary heads up for now.  Hope to add more info later, when
I get some time.

I downloaded this build, and when `icomplete-mode' is on, with my setup
it takes several seconds to gather the list of file candidates in my
usual directory.  With a build from two days ago, this does not happen.
And if I turn off icomplete mode it also does not happen.

It seems that something was changed in the icomplete mode code recently
that breaks at least my file-finding code.

With emacs -Q I do not notice the problem (well, maybe a slight delay).
I see that C-x C-f now shows completions immediately, without my typing
any prefix.  That is not true in the build from 2 days ago.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-12-24 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 115738 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/binary --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-Ic:/Devel/emacs/include'