Subject: bug#16244: 24.3.50; eww does not show SVG images in HTML files

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 20:04:26 +0200

Steps to reproduce:

  emacs -Q
  M-x eww RET
  http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Test_Suite_Overview RET
  Go down to the link saying "* HTML using <object>", hit RET
  In the page that is displayed, hit RET on any link

Result: you are presented with a page where a PNG image is displayed
correctly, while an SVG image near it is not displayed; instead its
file name is shown.

This is in Emacs compiled with librsvg support, and visiting that SVG
file with "C-x C-f" displays the SVG image correctly.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.184 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-12-24 on HOME-C4E4A596F7
Bzr revision: 115732 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/d/usr --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0
 -gdwarf-2 -g3''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1255

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x e <backspace> r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g 
<return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process w32notify w32
multi-tty emacs)