Subject: bug#16242: 24.3; wish: set init directory (.emacs.d) by commandline flag for easy custom environments

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 10:20:28 +0000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Ah, I see.  So I think the XDG patch should go in first, and then adding
>> --init-dir should be pretty trivial.
>
> Below is a stab at this, and it seems to work fine -- except that after
> starting Emacs with --init-directory /tmp/, the async nativecomp never
> fires.   I poked at it for half an hour, but was unable to determine
> why.
>
> Andrea, do you see something obvious here that would disable nativecomp
> if user-emacs-directory isn't the default?

Hi Lars,

I don't see anything any obvious here.  Well to be honest I don't find
many obvious things in our startup in general :)

I can only imagine that Emacs is not finding the source to compile from,
in that case we should get warnings, do you find trace of these?

BR

  Andrea