Subject: bug#16240: Please try building with librsvg on MS-Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 17:41:55 +0200

> From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 03:53:06 +0100
> Cc: Stephen Turnbull <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> > Please, before you update these 2 files, try simply removing or
> > renaming them, and see if that makes the package work without the
> > error message.
> 
> After removing them, Emacs still outputs the error message.
> 
> After creating pango.modules the error disappears and Emacs shows the
> SVG image with appropriate text (I'm testing with color-prof-01-f.svg
> and I see "DRAFT" and "$Revision: 1.9$"). However, the color squares
> aren't drawn.

It seems like Pango code already supports what we need: if the file
names in the pango.modules file are relative, not absolute, it looks
for these files in the lib/pango/1.8.0/modules/ subdirectory of where
you unzipped the archive.  Assuming you didn't move the files after
installing them, could you please edit pango.modules, leaving only the
base names of the modules on each line, without any leading
directories, and see if SVG images in the test suite still display
correctly in Emacs?  If that works, I will update the binary archive
with this change, and it should work for everybody else.

(I already tried this on my system, and it worked, but since I install
the packages in the same directory for which they were configured, I
cannot easily make sure it's not the default that works for me.)

> Creating loaders.cache does not seem to affect the result.

loaders.cache have a similar, but slightly different facility: the
file names that appear there _must_ be absolute, and must have the
prefix that was specified at configure time.  Then the
(Windows-specific) code replaces that prefix with the actual root of
the library installation tree.  So that part is already taken care of.

Thanks.