Subject: Re: bug#16220: url-http.el: Not conforming to HTTP spec

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 10:57:05 +0100

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

> Probably partly historical evolution (there was no place to add new
> "parameters", so adding dynamic vars was an easy way to add more control
> without breaking existing code).

Yes.

This summer, I started rewriting url-retrieve and friends in the way
that was discussed on emacs-devel a ... couple years back:

(with-url "http://fsf.org" :timeout 10
                           :concurrency 5
                           :request-method "POST"
                           :headers '(("Foo" . "Bar"))
  (message "The result was: %s" (buffer-string)))

but I kinda stopped before I really got started, because I couldn't
figure out how to make this work in the non-lexical binding case.  And
having this work only with lexical binding seemed kinda meh.

You wouldn't happen to have any ideas in that area?  >"?
  
-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no