Subject: bug#16219: closed (Re: bug#16219: 24.3; icomplete-mode does not always show the complete candidate names when switching buffers)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 03:18:02 +0000

Your bug report

#16219: 24.3; icomplete-mode does not always show the complete candidate names when switching buffers

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
16219: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16219
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#16219: 24.3; icomplete-mode does not always show the complete candidate names when switching buffers
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Mathias Dahl <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 22:17:07 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> M-x icomplete-mode RET
> C-x b oo
> Now observe that you can see that there are two buffers matching the
> pattern, but you do not see the names.

Thanks.  This was fixed a few days ago.
I'll add the bug# to the ChangeLog.

        Stefan

Subject: 24.3; icomplete-mode does not always show the complete candidate names when switching buffers
From: Mathias Dahl <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 19:19:59 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When using icomplete-mode, switch-to-buffer does not always show the
complete buffer
candidate names in the minibuffer when entering a search pattern.

Test case:

emacs -q
C-x C-f foo.el RET
C-x C-f foo.tmp RET
C-x b *scratch* RET
M-x icomplete-mode RET
C-x b oo

Now observe that you can see that there are two buffers matching the
pattern, but you do not see the names.

Now try this instead:

C-x b s

Now both the *scratch* and *Messages* buffer names are displayed as matches.

Thanks!

/Mathias

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.2.9200)
 of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.2.9200
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: SVE
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  icomplete-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x C-f f o o . e l <return> C-x C-f f o o . t e m
<backspace> <backspace> m p <return> C-x b * s <tab>
<return> M-x i c o m p l <tab> <return> C-x b o o C-g
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu>
<send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
(New file) [2 times]
Icomplete mode enabled
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cus-start cus-load icomplete time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process w32 multi-tty emacs)