Subject: eww should support multiple *eww* buffers

From: Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 11:24:54 +0000

Package:  emacs
Severity: wishlist

	EWW should support rendering Web pages in more than one buffer
	(akin to “tabs” and “windows” of many other browsers out there.)

	This could’ve been a matter of a single variable, made local
	(and non-nil) in ‘*eww*’ buffers, but as eww-render is called
	from the /data/ buffer (and not the buffer the Web page was
	requested from), it’s likely to be necessary to pass the buffer
	to eww-render explicitly, whenever it’s called via url-retrieve.

	For simplicity, eww-render may then dynamically bind some
	variable to the buffer passed, which is then to be used by
	eww-setup-buffer (instead of requesting the ‘*eww*’ buffer.)

	Then, to get a new buffer to render Web pages in, we simply
	create one, and call eww-mode from there.  (The latter flagging
	the buffer as suitable for rendering, perhaps re-using the very
	same variable as bound dynamically by eww-render above, only
	making it local to the buffer.)

PS.  And while there, why not to make the buffer names used by EWW
	customizable, BTW?

-- 
FSF associate member #7257