Subject: bug#16211: eww should support multiple *eww* buffers

From: Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 18:19:22 +0000

>>>>> Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>>> On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 22:21:27 -0500 Stefan Monnier wrote:

 >>>> EWW should support rendering Web pages in more than one buffer
 >>>> (akin to “tabs” and “windows” of many other browsers out there.)

 >>> I agree, but Lars and Stefan may not.  They prefer (based on a
 >>> discussion in emacs-devel just recently) a more Emacsian behavior
 >>> where possible, instead of mimicking regular web browsers.

[…]

 >> Emacs is an Operating System.  So of course, we want to be able to
 >> have several eww buffers at the same time.

 > I was talking about "tabs" and "windows" specifically, which imply a
 > collection of eww buffers should be somehow associated.  Anyhow, as I
 > said, I'm in favor of this as well, I just didn't want to assume this
 > direction was desirable.

	FTR, it wasn’t my intent to imply any sort of such association.
	(Apart from the one arising from the fact that the EWW buffers
	being discussed are to belong to the same Emacs process.)

-- 
FSF associate member #7257