Subject: bug#16207: 24.3.50; emacs_backtrace.txt

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 18:24:28 +0200

> Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 16:37:36 +0100
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
> 
>  > I think I know what's causing it.  But I have to do some testing
>  > before checking in a fix.
> 
> Rather than spending hours to test this I checked in a fix.  This way we
> should find out soon enough whether it breaks anything else.

Thanks!

> In this context I wonder what the variable inhibit_lisp_code stands for.
> Initially, it was called inhibit_window_configuration_change_hook and
> did exactly what its name said.  Then it moved to eval.c, got its new
> name, but still does what it did before.  So if we want this to really
> inihibit running Lisp code we should obey it in each and every hook
> (although I fail to understand why we can't bind Vrun_hooks instead).
> Otherwise, we should probably give it back its initial name to avoid
> confusions.  WDYT?

If you are asking me, then there's nothing intelligent I can say about
this issue: I didn't rename the variable and didn't even notice it got
renamed.