Subject: RE: bug#16207: 24.3.50; emacs_backtrace.txt

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 21:37:31 -0800 (PST)

> Rather than spending hours to test this I checked in a fix.  This way we
> should find out soon enough whether it breaks anything else.
> 
> In this context I wonder what the variable inhibit_lisp_code stands for.
> Initially, it was called inhibit_window_configuration_change_hook and
> did exactly what its name said.  Then it moved to eval.c, got its new
> name, but still does what it did before.  So if we want this to really
> inihibit running Lisp code we should obey it in each and every hook
> (although I fail to understand why we can't bind Vrun_hooks instead).
> Otherwise, we should probably give it back its initial name to avoid
> confusions.  WDYT?

I tested with this version, and it seems to be fixed.  Thx.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-12-22 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 115700 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/binary --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' CPPFLAGS=-Ic:/Devel/emacs/include
 LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib'