Subject: bug#16207: 24.3.50; emacs_backtrace.txt

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 18:15:14 +0100

> Breakpoint 1, terminate_due_to_signal (sig=22,
 > backtrace_limit=2147483647) at emacs.c:351
 > 351       signal (sig, SIG_DFL);
 > (gdb) bt
 > #0  terminate_due_to_signal (sig=22, backtrace_limit=2147483647) at emacs.c:351
 > #1  0x011615dc in die (msg=0x148b198 "BUFFERP (a)", file=0x148b10c
 > "lisp.h", line=874) at alloc.c:6742
 > #2  0x010eb7fb in XBUFFER (a=58132514) at lisp.h:874
 > #3  0x01089e14 in run_window_configuration_change_hook (f=0x3aa1a08
 > <__register_frame_info+61479432>) at window.c:3257
...
 > "set-window-configuration" (0x88db28)

The selected window doesn't have a buffer.  I have no idea how to track
this down.  Basically, we'd have to record in some variable a triple
<operation executed, selected window, its buffer> whenever we (1) select
a window, (2) delete a window, (3) kill a buffer, and check at strategic
positions (e.g. as above in run_window_configuration_change_hook)
whether this variable contains something fishy and put that variable's
value somewhere before aborting.  Tedious ...

martin