Subject: Re: bug#16204: eww does not respect shr-width customization

From: Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 16:59:11 +0000

>>>>> Kenjiro NAKAYAMA <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>>> [email-masked] writes:

[…]

 >> I’d also ask for a separate “do not override” value.  That is:

 >>    (shr-width (if (DO-NOT-SET-P eww-rendering-width)
 >>                   shr-width
 >>                 eww-rendering-width))

 > I'm not sure how to work well with this logic.  I think shr-width
 > should be overridden by nil

	Which is what the code already does.  And which is what I find
	inconvenient.

	Alternatively (or perhaps complementarily), I’d be satisfied if
	the rendering width is set as to maintain /constant margin/ at
	the right (as in: if shr-width is negative, it’s /added/ to
	window-width, rather than used as-is.)

 > or new rendering-width every time, since previous windows-width will
 > be set to shr-width next rendering.

 > When users change their window-width, the shr-width should be current
 > window-width, not previous width.

	The whole point of non-nil shr-width is that it stays the same,
	irrespective of any window-width changes whatsoever.

	Which is the behavior I also request from EWW.

[…]

-- 
FSF associate member #7257