Subject: bug#16197: 24.3.50; no completion on commands following "sudo" in shell and eshell

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 17:53:00 -0500

> Maybe because you are using pcomplete-match with an hard coded value of
> 0 for index.(Not tested)

Not sure who "you" is.  I'm afraid your description of the problem,
solutions, and problems of those solutions is a bit too cryptic for me.

Here's my starting point:
- I understand that currently pcomplete does not provide completion for
  "sudo" and it would be nice to add it.
- "sudo" is not particularly special, so whatever solution is used for
  it should also work for many other commands.
- There is already pcomplete/xargs and pcomplete/rsh.

Can pcomplete/sudo use the same approach as pcomplete/xargs and pcomplete/rsh?
If not, why not?

If yes but there are still problems, do those problems also affect
pcomplete/xargs and pcomplete/rsh?
If not, why not?

If yes, then let's first focus on fixing pcomplete/xargs.

        Stefan