Subject: Re: bug#16197: 24.3.50; no completion on commands following "sudo" in shell and eshell

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 11:49:37 +0100

Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]> writes:

> So now my completion commands are working both with sudo and without,
> the needed modifications are here if somebody is interested to fix this bug:
>
> https://github.com/thierryvolpiatto/emacs-tv-config/blob/master/pcomplete-extension.el
>
> Note that all pcomplete/* commands provided in emacs are not working
> with "sudo".

They are now working (pcomplete/tar etc...) with the last version of
pcomplete-extension.el, but entering multiples args (with and without
sudo and from emacs- Q) is not working at all (on second arg it try to
complete filenames) e.g

(cursor is "!")
emacs -Q
M-x shell
tar -! TAB => ok I have completion on options.
tar -z -! TAB => I have completion on filenames.

Maybe because you are using pcomplete-match with an hard coded value of
0 for index.(Not tested)

Completions provided in pcomplete-extension.el are allowing doing this
when needed.

-- 
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997