Subject: bug#16191: closed ()

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 18:10:02 +0000

Your bug report

#16191: 24.3.50; python-mode does not detect too many closing parentheses

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
16191: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16191
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

From: [email-masked] (Fabián Ezequiel Gallina)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 15:08:37 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fixed in revno 115744.

Regards,
Fabián.

Subject: 24.3.50; python-mode does not detect too many closing parentheses
From: Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 09:42:31 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In python-mode, if you write something like

print("Hallo))

the second closing parenthesis doesn't trigger the error "No matching
parenthesis found", but the opening parenthesis is highlighted.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
 of 2013-12-19 on wilson
Bzr revision: 115601 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11303000
System Description:	Ubuntu 13.04

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr/local/ --mandir=/usr/local/share/man/
 --infodir=/usr/local/share/info/ --with-x-toolkit=no --without-makeinfo
 --with-xpm --with-jpeg --with-tiff --with-gif --with-png --with-x'

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: Python

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
E 1 0 " C-a C-k <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <up> <end> <return> i f SPC m o u n t 
SPC n o t SPC i n SPC " <backspace> [ " o l y m p u 
s E 1 0 " ] : <down> <tab> C-x C-s C-c g <return> <return> 
! C-c q g q <up> <up> <up> <down> g q C-c g q C-c g 
q C-c g <return> <return> <help-echo> <down-mouse-2> 
<mouse-1> <down> <down> C-x o <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> C-o C-a C-k / b 
o b : / w i n <tab> h o b <tab> <return> q q C-c g 
q C-c g SPC d d d d q q C-x C-f C-a <right> <right> 
<backspace> <backspace> C-k / b o b : / w i n d o w 
s / h o b i e / f e r m i _ i n t e g r a l . p y <return> 
C-x b <return> M-< C-SPC <down> <down> M-w C-x b <return> 
M-< C-y <down> <return> C-x C-s C-y <return> <return> 
i n t e g r a t e . q u a d ( x <backspace> l a m b 
d a SPC x : SPC x * * 2 , SPC 0 , SPC 2 ) <home> p 
r i n t ( C-e ) C-x C-s <down> <down> <down> <backspace> 
) M-x e m a c s - r e <tab> <tab> <backspace> <backspace> 
b u <tab> <backspace> <escape> <backspace> <escape> 
<backspace> r e p o <tab> r t - e m a <tab> b u <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
Saving file /scp:bob:/windows/hobie/fermi_integral.py...
Wrote /scp:bob:/windows/hobie/fermi_integral.py
Mark set
Saving file /scp:bob:/windows/hobie/fermi_integral.py...
Renaming /scp:bob:/windows/hobie/fermi_integral.py to /scp:bob:/home/bronger/temp/!scp:bob:!windows!hobie!fermi_integral.py.~1~...done
Wrote /scp:bob:/windows/hobie/fermi_integral.py
End of buffer [2 times]
Wrote /scp:bob:/windows/hobie/#_ascp_bbob_b_awindows_ahobie_afermi__integral.py#
Auto-saving...done
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/textmodes/rst hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rst

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sendmail tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver shr qp misearch multi-isearch shell find-dired
gnus-picon sort smiley gnus-cite flow-fill mm-archive gnus-async
gnus-bcklg gnus-ml gmane nndraft nnmh gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nnml nnfolder gnus-cache bbdb-gnus
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap
gnus-sum bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com netrc network-stream auth-source
eieio eieio-core password-cache starttls tls nntp nnoo gnus-topic
gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr
help-mode mule-util warnings parse-time reftex-dcr reftex reftex-vars
font-latex latexenc org-table adaptive-wrap vc-cvs make-mode sgml-mode
vc-git vc-rcs vc-dispatcher vc-svn cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs disp-table
python rx nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid
rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc
xmltok adaptive-wrap-autoloads package vc-bzr org-element org-rmail
org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus gnus-util org-docview org-bibtex
bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org-agenda ob-python org byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp
ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec
find-func server cl-macs gv w3m browse-url doc-view jka-compr dired
image-mode w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems wid-edit w3m-ccl ccl
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util rst compile comint ansi-color
ring browse-kill-ring mmm-mode mmm-univ mmm-class mmm-region mmm-auto
mmm-vars mmm-utils mmm-compat cl bbdb-autoloads bbdb timezone cal-china
lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs
appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs preview
prv-emacs info reporter latex easy-mmode edmacro kmacro tex-style
tex-buf tex dbus xml advice help-fns easymenu autorevert filenotify
tex-site auto-loads savehist time desktop frameset cl-loaddefs cl-lib
delsel cus-start cus-load time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting x
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Torsten Bronger    Jabber ID: [email-masked]
                                  or http://bronger-jmp.appspot.com