Subject: Re: bug#16190: 23.4; M-x captialize-word works incorrectly

From: Caleb Wakeman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 00:35:41 -0500

It occurred to me that there may be two separate "bugs", and me 
conflating them.

First is "M-x capitalize-word has an incorrect docstring".  That's been 
fixed (or I should say, I take your word for it).

Second is "M-x capitalize-word does the wrong thing".  Whether that's a 
bug may be open to debate (I think it is a bug, or at least a problem, 
obviously), but that hasn't changed.

On 12/22/2013 11:20 PM, Caleb Wakeman wrote:
> (paraphrased quotes)
>  >>> That's the intended behavior
>  >> Then its docstring is incorrect
>  > Fair enough, fixed
>
> Erm, well...
>
> I've had several days to think it over, and I don't agree [that it's
> fixed].  Yes, the docstring is (was) incorrect; and if it hadn't been
> incorrect, I wouldn't have reported it as a bug.
>
> However, the function would still be doing 'The Wrong Thing' (for me, I
> can imagine that cases exist where this isn't), and if I ever used it
> again, it would only be because I forgot that it didn't do what I expected.
>
> I think this is also the point where if I want something more done, I
> really should do it myself.  I'd take it on for sure if it were in
> elisp.  I dunno if I could do it in C.
>
> This seems reasonable as a 'workaround' fix, though.
>
> [I'd agree that "Severity: minor" is correct.]
>
> (I can re-create my mental state leading up to actually sending the bug
> report, or share my mental image of what the function does, if either of
> those would be helpful.)