Subject: bug#16184: confirmed on 25.1.1

From: Benaiah Mischenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 02:07:34 +0000

The eval-and-compile test case from message #44 fails for me in emacs -Q as well, with the following *Messages* output:

Edebug: test
edebug-after: Wrong type argument: consp, nil

The output of M-x emacs-version is as follows:

GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0, NS appkit-1404.47 Version 10.11.6 (Build 15G31)) of 2016-09-21

Turning on toggle-debug-on-error and running it again gave me the following backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument consp nil)
  edebug-before(1)
  (edebug-after (edebug-before 1) 2 (boundp (quote parse-sexp-lookup-properties)))
  (progn (edebug-after (edebug-before 1) 2 (boundp (quote parse-sexp-lookup-properties))))
  eval((progn (edebug-after (edebug-before 1) 2 (boundp (quote parse-sexp-lookup-properties)))) nil)
  #[128 "\301\302\303B\"D\207" [lexical-binding quote eval progn] 5 1783882]((edebug-after (edebug-before 1) 2 (boundp (quote parse-sexp-lookup-properties))))
  macroexpand((eval-and-compile (edebug-after (edebug-before 1) 2 (boundp (quote parse-sexp-lookup-properties)))) nil)
  macroexp-macroexpand((eval-and-compile (edebug-after (edebug-before 1) 2 (boundp (quote parse-sexp-lookup-properties)))) nil)
  macroexp--expand-all((eval-and-compile (edebug-after (edebug-before 1) 2 (boundp (quote parse-sexp-lookup-properties)))))
  macroexp--all-forms((edebug-after (edebug-before 0) 3 (eval-and-compile (edebug-after (edebug-before 1) 2 (boundp (quote parse-sexp-lookup-properties))))) 1)
  #[514 "\300\301\"\211\204