Subject: bug#16178: closed (Re: bug#16178: 24.3.50; eww: S-SPC scrolls downward not upward)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 21:23:02 +0000

Your bug report

#16178: 24.3.50; eww: S-SPC scrolls downward not upward

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
16178: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16178
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#16178: 24.3.50; eww: S-SPC scrolls downward not upward
From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
To: Rudolf Schlatte <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 23:19:45 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> When pressing S-SPC (shift-Space) when viewing a web page in EWW, the
> buffer scrolls downwards.  This is different from Info, View and other
> display modes, where S-SPC scrolls upwards.

Thanks for the suggestion.  In addition to S-SPC, for compatibility
with Info in eww would be better also to use "r" for 'eww-forward-url
("l" with eww-back-url already uses the same key as in Info).

Subject: 24.3.50; eww: S-SPC scrolls downward not upward
From: Rudolf Schlatte <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 11:30:32 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When pressing S-SPC (shift-Space) when viewing a web page in EWW, the
buffer scrolls downwards.  This is different from Info, View and other
display modes, where S-SPC scrolls upwards.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.4 (i386-apple-darwin13.0.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.00)
 of 2013-12-17 on buckaroo
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1265
Configured using:
 `configure --with-ns'

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: eww

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-n C-a <return> <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <drag-mouse-1> 
C-x C-s y C-n C-l C-1 C-l M-` C-c C-c y y M-` C-x b 
m e s s <return> M-< C-x k <return> <down-mouse-1> 
C-x C-s y M-` C-c C-c y y M-` <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
C-x C-s y C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-l C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-l C-x k <return> M-x c u s t o m i z e - 
v a r <tab> <return> m a i l - s e n d <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> s m t p m a i l 
- <tab> <M-backspace> m a i l - <tab> C-g C-x C-f ~ 
/ . e m a c s <return> M-< C-g C-s m a i l C-s C-s 
C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-n C-p C-l M-x c u s t o m i z 
- e <backspace> <backspace> e - v a r <tab> <return> 
s e n d - m a i <tab> <return> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> C-x C-s M-` C-c C-c y y M-` C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p <return> C-x C-s M-` C-c C-c y y M-` C-n 
C-n C-n C-n <return> C-x C-s M-` C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-a C-SPC C-n C-n C-n M-w C-x C-g C-x k <return> 
y S-SPC C-x o C-x k <return> C-x o C-x 1 M-` C-n C-n 
C-n <return> C-x C-s y M-` M-x r e p o r t - e m <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
network-stream-command: Process smtpmail not running
Saving file /Users/rudi/.emacs...
Wrote /Users/rudi/.emacs [2 times]
Auto-saving...done
Mark activated
C-x C-g is undefined
Buffer *unsent mail to [email-masked]* modified; kill anyway? (y or n)  y
Mark set
Saving file /Users/rudi/.emacs...
Wrote /Users/rudi/.emacs [2 times]
Custom-no-edit: You can't edit this part of the Custom buffer

Load-path shadows:
~/Dropbox/Source/abstools/emacs/maude-mode hides ~/BTSync/Source/elisp/maude-mode/maude-mode
~/BTSync/Source/elisp/org-mode/contrib/lisp/htmlize hides ~/BTSync/Source/elisp/htmlize
~/BTSync/Source/elisp/magit/.dir-locals hides /Users/rudi/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(misearch multi-isearch footnote uudecode uce time supercite regi
spam-report spam spam-stat gnus-uu yenc gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo
nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win
sieve-manage rmail pop3 mspools mh-e mh-compat mh-acros mh-buffers
mh-loaddefs metamail mairix mailclient mail-hist imap hashcash
gnus-dired fortune feedmail ecomplete binhex w32-vars ebnf2ps ps-print
ps-def lpr dos-vars tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell
netrc net-utils ldap gravatar goto-addr dig bug-reference ange-ftp
mailalias smtpmail shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail shr-color color help-mode url-queue network-stream starttls
url-cache eww mm-url shr markdown-mode ruby-mode abs-mode sh-script smie
cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ox-texinfo ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok
nxml-util ox-md ox-html ox-beamer ox-latex ox-ascii ox-publish ox info
org-element tex-buf font-latex latex tex-style tex dbus xml view
dired-aux maude-mode rx vc-git eldoc slime-xref-browser slime-scratch
slime-package-fu slime-indentation slime-hyperdoc url-http tls url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history mailcap
url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core
password-cache url-gw url-vars slime-fuzzy slime-fontifying-fu
slime-fancy-inspector slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-banner slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-asdf
slime-repl elp slime derived pp hyperspec thingatpt paredit imenu
saveplace org-mac-link org-info org-docview doc-view jka-compr
image-mode dired org-bibtex bibtex paren recentf tree-widget ido
icomplete grep compile gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mail-utils
mm-util mail-prsvr desktop frameset o-blog o-blog-bootstrap o-blog-i18n
o-blog-grid o-blog-source o-blog-alert time-stamp html2text sgml-mode
ob-ditaa browse-url htmlize org-mouse pbook slime-autoloads eudcb-mab
executable eudc cus-edit cus-start cus-load eudc-vars wid-edit cl-macs
gv tex-site ls-lisp ert ewoc debug cl org-protocol org byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv advice help-fns org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu easymenu
calendar cal-loaddefs server vc vc-dispatcher docbook-autoloads package
edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)