Subject: Re: bug#16172: 24.3.50; C-g in minibuffer hangs Emacs

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 06:15:48 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> > No info to repro this yet.  But now Emacs is sometimes hanging
>>> > when I try to interrupt the current command, which is using the
>>> > minibuffer, using C-g (or C-], after C-g at least) repeatedly.
>>> > Doesn't seem to happen all the time, but fairly often.  The Task
>>> > Manager does NOT show Emacs gobbling CPU, which surprised me.
>>> > But there seems to be no way to exit Emacs besides killing the
>>> > process.
>>>
>>> Works for me.
>>
>> Really?  What is it, exactly, that works for you?  How do you know
>> it works?
>
> I did what you described.  I used the minibuffer and interrupted the
> command.
>
>>> Are you still seeing this problem?
>>
>> Yes, "sometimes", as I said in the bug report.
>
> Do you have a recipe for reproducing this bug?

That was three years ago, and the message before that was five
years ago.

Are you still seeing this?  Do you have a recipe for reproducing the
bug?  Or could you provide a backtrace, or something that is a bit more
actionable than the original report from 2013?

Thanks,
Stefan Kangas