Subject: Re: bug#16172: 24.3.50; C-g in minibuffer hangs Emacs

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 16:50:07 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > No info to repro this yet.  But now Emacs is sometimes hanging
>> > when I try to interrupt the current command, which is using the
>> > minibuffer, using C-g (or C-], after C-g at least) repeatedly.
>> > Doesn't seem to happen all the time, but fairly often.  The Task
>> > Manager does NOT show Emacs gobbling CPU, which surprised me.
>> > But there seems to be no way to exit Emacs besides killing the
>> > process.
>> 
>> Works for me.
>
> Really?  What is it, exactly, that works for you?  How do you know
> it works?

I did what you described.  I used the minibuffer and interrupted the
command.

>> Are you still seeing this problem?
>
> Yes, "sometimes", as I said in the bug report.

Do you have a recipe for reproducing this bug?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no