Subject: Re: bug#16161: 24.3.50; gnutls connections from Gnus no longer work after r115526, bug#16161: 24.3.50; gnutls connections from Gnus no longer work after r115526

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 12:37:28 -0500

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 17:16:12 +0100 Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> wrote: 

AS> Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]> writes:
>> I've changed the `CHECK_LIST_CONS' back to `Flistp'

AS> Flistp never returns zero.

Thanks.

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 18:49:54 +0200 Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote: 

EZ> Why not use CHECK_LIST instead?  It does allow for nil, and is
EZ> slightly faster.

The error message was not helpful at all, there is no `verify_error'
function parameter (it would be nice to be able to set the error message
from these macros).  May I replace it with this?  It's what CHECK_LIST
does, internally, IIUC.

#+begin_src c
  if (!CONSP (x) && !NILP (x))
    error ("gnutls-boot: invalid :verify_error parameter (not a list)");
#+end_src

Thanks
Ted