Subject: bug#16155: Strange moderator address. [Re: bug#16155: 24.3.50;]

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 20:46:27 +0000

Hi, Glenn.

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 03:13:41PM -0500, Glenn Morris wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> > Perhaps the problem with usenet and debbugs, whatever it was, has been
> > resolved.

> I assure you it hasn't. It cannot be fixed. I have spent quite some time
> on this, so forgive me if I can't even be bothered to explain it any
> more.

OK.

> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=936

> Your ISP seems to inject postings in some wacky way that happens to work.
> As I said, they require extra moderation if nothing else.

I usually approve any posts I make to gnu.emacs.bugs myself.

> (And don't be surprised if the news/mail gateway breaks altogether
> at some point, as has often happened in the past.)

That won't surprise me at all.  :-(

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).