Subject: bug#16154: Emacs crashes if $HOME isn't writable

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 08:24:42 +0100

Glenn Morris writes:
> Not sure why you guys are saying this works in 24.3, because I only
> fixed this in trunk semi-recently:
>
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/13930
>
> Ie, this should be fixed in 24.4.

It "worked for me" since I didn't test with enough command line
arguments to see that the processing of the command line would be
incomplete in 24.3.

> Of course, "refuses to do anything useful" is very vague, so I have no
> way to test whatever the OP was seeing works now.

It's become clear in the meantime that the bug is indeed that file(s)
given on the command line won't open in 24.3.  You can still work on
them once Emacs has started and complained about the non-writable
~/.emacs.d/, though.

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#BlofeldUserWavetables