Subject: bug#16141: 24.3.50; [PATCH] eww: added text-property to jump to next select field.

From: Kenjiro NAKAYAMA <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 01:18:54 +0900

> Such comments should describe what the change *does* rather than what it
> *did*, i.e. use the present tense (and capitalize the word after the
> colon since it starts a sentence).

Thank you Stefan.

I resend patch with a fixed comment.

Signed-off-by: Kenjiro NAKAYAMA <[email-masked]>

        * net/eww.el (eww-tag-select): Add text-property to jump to
          next select field.

---
 lisp/net/eww.el | 3 ++-
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/net/eww.el b/lisp/net/eww.el
index 1693e74..0264174 100644
--- a/lisp/net/eww.el
+++ b/lisp/net/eww.el
@@ -841,7 +841,8 @@ See URL
`https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/Input[1]'.")
       (put-text-property start (point) 'eww-form menu)
       (add-face-text-property start (point) 'eww-form-select)
       (put-text-property start (point) 'keymap eww-select-map)
-      (put-text-property start (1+ start) 'help-echo "select field")
+      (unless (= start (point))
+       (put-text-property start (1+ start) 'help-echo "select field"))
       (shr-ensure-paragraph))))

 (defun eww-select-display (select)
-- 
1.8.3.1

[email-masked] writes:

>> It is useful, if we can jump to next select fiedld with tab commadn.
>> Signed-off-by: Kenjiro NAKAYAMA <[email-masked]>
>
> Thank you for your patch.  I'll let the EWW maintainers decide what to
> do with it, but I just wanted to point out:
>
>>         * net/eww.el (eww-tag-select): added text-property to jump to
>>           next select field.
>
> Such comments should describe what the change *does* rather than what it
> *did*, i.e. use the present tense (and capitalize the word after the
> colon since it starts a sentence).
>
>
>         Stefan