Subject: 24.3; emacsclient -q enhancement request please also suppress

From: gregrwm <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 20:47:25 -0600

please have emacsclient -qa suppress the following 2 lines:
emacsclient: can't find socket; have you started the server?
To start the server in Emacs, type "M-x server-start".

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
 of 2013-10-03 on rose.fo4.net
Configured using:
 `configure '--without-x''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: en_DK.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_DK.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
: r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g RET

Recent messages:
("emacs" ".emacs")
Loading term/xterm...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/evil/lib/ert hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/ert

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
shell pcomplete comint regexp-opt ansi-color evil evil-integration
warnings evil-maps evil-commands ffap url-parse auth-source eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv gnus-util time-date mm-util
mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars evil-types evil-search evil-ex
evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core advice advice-preload
evil-common windmove rect evil-digraphs evil-vars ring undo-tree derived
easy-mmode help-fns cl-macs gv diff cl cl-lib edmacro kmacro server
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process multi-tty emacs)