Subject: RE: bug#16115: 24.3.50; doc string of `display-buffer-in-side-window' - there is no SIDE arg

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 10:57:40 -0800 (PST)

>  > Subject line says it all.  The doc string speaks of SIDE, as if there
>  > were a SIDE argument.  There is none.
> 
> Thanks.  Should be fixed now.

That was quick.  Thanks.

> I couldn't resist to attach a file where you can see how this function
> can be used.

Looks interesting.  When I loaded it I got this message:
Wrong type argument: listp, :inherit

This is one offender:
(defface frame-tabs-higlight-tab
  '((t :inherit frame-tabs-item-tab
       :foreground "white"
       :background "green3"))
  "Face for highlighting frame tabs item."
  :version "24.4"
  :group 'frame-tabs)

But if I try `C-M-x' on that twice, the first time gives the error and
the second defines it OK.  Likewise for the other face defs.

Haven't tried to dig into it further - no time now.

(BTW, spelling typos: "higlight" -> "highlight".)

Wrt the function (and how I discovered its doc), I just used it in an
answer to a StackOverflow question.  Dunno whether my answer is
appropriate or a good use of the function.  Probably there is a simpler
and better answer.

http://stackoverflow.com/a/20525430/729907