Subject: bug#16110: closed (Re: bug#16110: perl-mode is electric, without an easy opt-out option)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 15:25:03 +0000

Your bug report

#16110: perl-mode is electric, without an easy opt-out option 

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
16110: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16110
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#16110: perl-mode is electric, without an easy opt-out option
From: Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 15:24:39 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>>>>> Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

 >> As currently implemented, the “electricity” of the Perl mode cannot
 >> be easily turned off, which is a problem as it doesn’t get the
 >> indentation right in some cases.

 > Please try the Emacs trunk version of perl-mode.  Its electricity has
 > been rewritten to work on top of (and be controlled by)
 > electric-indent-mode.

	Indeed, I’ve failed to see these changes in the code.  Thanks!

-- 
FSF associate member #7257

Subject: perl-mode is electric, without an easy opt-out option
From: Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 13:01:43 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package:  emacs
Severity: minor

	As currently implemented, the “electricity” of the Perl mode
	cannot be easily turned off, which is a problem as it doesn’t
	get the indentation right in some cases.

	I therefore suggest that an interactive command, similar to
	c-toggle-electric-state, be implemented for perl-mode, to switch
	the electricity on and off.

-- 
FSF associate member #7257