Subject: Re: bug#16099: 24.3.50; Build failure, undefined function `cl-member'

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 20:58:32 +0200

> From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 13:42:23 -0500
> 
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> > Instead of working around the problem, just add a call to
> > unmsys--file-name there, like we do for other autoloads in that
> > Makefile.
> 
> Other options might be for configure to abort on MinGW if srcdir is
> absolute and has the "wrong" format (which must means that the user
> specified srcdir, as in this case).

That would mean we don't support a build outside of the source tree.
Because there's nothing wrong with /c/foo/bar file names.

> Or to simply fix such a srcdir before generating the Makefiles.

Not sure what you suggest here.  Please elaborate.

> Might be easier than unmsys'ing every present and future instance of
> srcdir in the Makefiles.

Not every one, just those in which the /c/ part is not at the
beginning of the command-line argument.  If it is at the beginning
MSYS does the conversion automatically.