Subject: bug#16099: closed (Re: bug#16099: 24.3.50; Build failure, undefined function `cl-member')

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 17:10:03 +0000

Your bug report

#16099: 24.3.50; Build failure, undefined function `cl-member'

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
16099: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16099
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#16099: 24.3.50; Build failure, undefined function `cl-member'
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 12:09:44 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm confident bootstrap will work for you.
We can reopen this if it does not.

Subject: 24.3.50; Build failure, undefined function `cl-member'
From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 12:13:04 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Building Emacs from trunk r115447, I get several errors and warnings
about undefined functions/macros in the cl- namespace. See build output
attached. For example, byte-compiling "ffap.el" fails with:

In toplevel form:
../../trunk/lisp/ffap.el:108:1:Error: Symbol's function definition is void:
cl-member
Makefile:272: recipe for target `ffap.elc' failed
make[2]: *** [ffap.elc] Error 1

The build runs to completion but the resulting Emacs has problems. For
example, from "runemacs -Q", "M-x ffap RET" fails with:

Symbol's function definition is void: cl-member

There might be a problem with my build environment. I haven't tried
to build Emacs for quite a while.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-12-10 on 57172UHB
Bzr revision: 115447 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix c:/emacs/emacs-115447
 --enable-locallisppath=%emacs_dir%/../site-lisp 'CPPFLAGS=-I
 G:/usr/include -I C:/GnuWin32/include' 'LDFLAGS=-L G:/usr/lib -L
 C:/GnuWin32/lib''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x f f a p <return> M-x r - e - b <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
if: Symbol's function definition is void: cl-member
Eager macro-expansion failure: (void-function cl-sublis) [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
easy-mmode nnheader gmm-utils mailheader sendmail derived eieio-core
gnus-util rmail dframe rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util
mail-prsvr cl cl-macs pcase cl-lib gv password-cache url-vars time-date
tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
dos-w32 ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)