Subject: bug#16097: [PATCH] Treat windows on other spaces as not visible in Cocoa

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 11:51:22 +0100

>>>>> On Fri, 28 Jan 2022 18:02:29 +0800, Po Lu <[email-masked]> said:

    Po> Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:
    >>>>>>> On Fri, 28 Jan 2022 16:47:05 +0800, Po Lu <[email-masked]> said:
    >> 
    Po> Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:
    >> >> I can do that, but blink-cursor-mode seems to be working fine with the
    >> >> current changes (now that I actually know how itʼs supposed to function).
    >> 
    Po> Does it work fine right after the frame is created (and you never focus
    Po> into it afterwards?)
    >> 
    >> No, but then again current master doesnʼt blink the cursor then either.

    Po> Works on GNUstep for me (emacs -Q, obviously).  I also tried on macOS,
    Po> and it works there as well.  You have to launch it from GWorkspace or
    Po> the Finder for the first frame created to be the key window to test this
    Po> properly.

Iʼd forgotten what a pain it is to get Emacs to launch from the Finder
as opposed to the cli. Anyway, the cursor blinks for me when launched
from the finder without a .emacs file

Robert
--