Subject: Re: bug#16090: 24.3.50; [PATCH] error when jumping to a doc-view bookmark

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 08:53:38 +0100

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> The reason is that the buffer is not yet displayed, when
>> doc-view-bookmark-jump tries to change the page.  This results in,
>> for obscure reasons, trying to change the page in which ever window
>> is currently selected.  Solution: Defer changing the page after
>> bookmark--jump-via has displayed the page.
>
> Thanks for the report.  And thanks for the patch, tho it shouldn't be
> installed as is: using a timer is not a good solution.  The code is
> already equipped to handle non-displayed buffers (it keeps track of
> the "default current page" which is later used when/if the buffer gets
> displayed in a window).

Yes, but I think that doesn't suffice.  The problem with bookmarks is
that the display window function is run after the bookmark handler, so
we have no clue in which window the bookmarked page is going to be
shown.  It may be the current window, an existing other window (which
might already show another page of the doc and thus already has an entry
in `image-mode-winprops-alist'), or a completely new window.

Bye,
Tassilo