Subject: bug#16088: 24.3; ERC buffer name

From: Cédric Chépied <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 13:43:48 +0100

This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list
and the GNU bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org.  Please check that
the From: line contains a valid email address.  After a delay of up
to one day, you should receive an acknowledgment at that address.

Please write in English if possible, as the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators for other languages.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and
the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give a recipe
starting from `emacs -Q':

Hello,

I don't know if this is really a bug. Please close it if you don't want to fix
it.

I'm using ZNC as irc bouncer to connect to several networks. For ERC, I'm
connected to the same server several times with different erc-email-userid.

If I talk with somebody called "sb" on freenode and with another person also
called "sb" on oftc, ERC only opens 1 buffer called "sb" and I receive all
messages in the same buffer. When I write in this buffer only 1 "sb" receive
something.

I made this ugly fix cause I don't know erc code at all:

(defun erc-get-buffer-create (server port target &optional proc)
  "Create a new buffer based on the arguments."
  (setq target (concat target "@" (prin1-to-string (erc-current-network))))
  (get-buffer-create (erc-generate-new-buffer-name server port target proc)))

All buffers are now named channel@server and I got sb@freenode and sb@oftc.

Regards,
--
Cédric Chépied
<[email-masked]>

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.2)
 of 2013-08-07 on -mnt-storage-buildroots-staging-x86_64-eric
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11404000
Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-xft'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: EL

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-truncate-mode: t
  erc-log-mode: t
  global-srecode-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-mru-bookmark-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  global-semantic-highlight-func-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  erc-smiley-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  virtual-desktops-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Recent input:
<left> <down> <up> <up> <C-up> <C-up> <C-up> <C-up> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<C-right> <C-right> <C-left> C-s C-w C-w C-w C-s C-s 
C-s C-s <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<C-left> <C-left> <C-left> C-s C-w C-w C-w C-s C-s 
C-s C-c <right> C-s C-s C-s C-c <left> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> M-< <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <up> <up> C-e d 
e SPC l a SPC f o n c t i o n SPC d e <backspace> ' 
e r c SPC p o u r SPC m i e u x SPC n o m m e r SPC 
l e s SPC b u f f e r s C-x C-s C-x 1 C-c C-d a C-c 
C-d a C-c C-d a C-< C-< M-x w l <return> <up> <down> 
C-> C-> M-x b u g <tab> <tab> <M-backspace> <M-backspace> 
r e p o <tab> r <tab> b u <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
byte-code: Beginning of buffer
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hex-util hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/hex-util
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/md4 hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/md4
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/net/ntlm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/net/hmac-def
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/net/sasl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/semi/smime hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/gnus/smime
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/semi/pgg-pgp5 hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/obsolete/pgg-pgp5
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/semi/pgg-gpg hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/obsolete/pgg-gpg
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/semi/pgg hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/obsolete/pgg
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/semi/pgg-pgp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/obsolete/pgg-pgp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/semi/pgg-def hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/obsolete/pgg-def
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/semi/pgg-parse hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/obsolete/pgg-parse

Features:
(shadow emacsbug elmo-maildir modb-standard wl-mime mime-edit pgg-parse pccl
pccl-20 pgg-def signature mime-setup mail-mime-setup semi-setup mime-image
wl-demo wl-draft eword-encode wl-template sendmail elmo-net elmo-cache elmo-map
elmo-dop wl-news wl-address wl-thread wl-action wl-summary ps-print ps-def lpr
wl-refile wl-message elmo-mime mmelmo-buffer mmelmo-imap mmimap mime-parse
mmbuffer mmgeneric wl-highlight elmo-multi wl-folder wl wl-e21 wl-util elmo-flag
elmo-localdir wl-vars wl-version elmo elmo-signal elmo-msgdb modb modb-generic
modb-entity elmo-util elmo-date elmo-vars elmo-version luna tramp-cache tramp-sh
tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs vc-git mule-util windmove view smiley gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail
mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message idna rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win
gnus gnus-ems nnheader misearch multi-isearch dired-aux org-clock org-exp ob-exp
org-exp-blocks org-agenda org ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote
org-src ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob org-compat org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs
find-func flyspell ispell erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete
erc-track erc-match erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-truncate
erc-log rot13 disp-table epa-file mail-utils gnutls url-http mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url-cache url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse
url-vars mailcap hideshow chep-stickyfunc chep-tag-popup chep-auto-complete
semantic/analyze/complete semantic/bovine/gcc semantic/dep srecode/mode
semantic/senator semantic/decorate pulse srecode/insert srecode/filters
srecode/args srecode/find srecode/map srecode/srt-mode semantic/analyze
semantic/sort semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn srecode/template
srecode/srt-wy semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent srecode/ctxt
srecode/compile srecode/dictionary srecode/table srecode inversion
semantic/db-global semantic/symref/global semantic/symref semantic/db-find
semantic/db-ref cedet-global semantic/mru-bookmark semantic/db-mode semantic/db
eieio-base semantic/idle semantic/format semantic/tag-ls semantic/find
semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag
semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet yasnippet help-mode ac-etags
auto-complete-config auto-complete popup smart-tabs-mode magit-blame
magit-key-mode magit grep compile epa epg epg-config diff-mode git-rebase-mode
rx git-commit-mode log-edit pcvs-util add-log erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-compat format-spec thingatpt pp netrc chep-notification mime-play filename
emu invisible inv-23 poem poem-e20 poem-e20_3 mime-view mime-conf calist
semi-def mime eword-decode mel path-util mime-def mcharset mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces
pces-e20 pces-20 broken pcustom poe std11 alist pym static apel-ver product
mime-w3m w3m browse-url doc-view jka-compr dired image-mode timezone w3m-hist
w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems wid-edit w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc
w3m-util ac-etags-autoloads auto-complete-autoloads edit-server-autoloads
magit-autoloads git-rebase-mode-autoloads git-commit-mode-autoloads finder-inf
mediawiki-autoloads popup-autoloads smart-tabs-mode-autoloads w3m-autoloads info
yasnippet-autoloads package cl-macs gv server edmacro kmacro chep-mode-line
php-mode etags cc-langs cl cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe xcscope
paren uniquify warnings chep-strike chep-couleur chep-retourne chep-pastebin
google_search ifndef_fichier_h readline-complete shell pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
newst-backend xml derived newsticker-notify advice help-fns cl-lib
advice-preload chep-convert-audio chep-video chep-mpd ampc easymenu avl-tree
network-stream auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv gnus-util
mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache starttls tls chep-anchor easy-mmode
virtual-desktops ido time-date time battery cus-start cus-load tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
emacs)