Subject: bug#16076: 24.3.50; no focus on my desktop after quitting emacs

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 17:57:22 +0100

Hi all,
keyboard is no more responding after quitting Emacs.
I have to click somewhere to get focus back and then keyboard is again
available.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2013-12-06 on dell-14z
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --without-toolkit-scroll-bars'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  git-gutter-mode: t
  psession-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  golden-ratio-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  eldoc-in-minibuffer-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-adaptative-mode: t
  helm-match-plugin-mode: t
  helm-occur-match-plugin-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x <return>

Recent messages:
Indentation variables are now local.
Indentation setup for shell type sh
Restoring buffers...36%
Here is not Git work tree
Restoring buffers...44%
Setting up indent for shell type bash
Indentation variables are now local.
Indentation setup for shell type bash
Here is not Git work tree
Restoring buffers...done

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals hides ~/elisp/magit/.dir-locals
~/elisp/auctex/lpath hides ~/elisp/emacs-wget/lpath
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq hides ~/elisp/emms/lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow gnus-dired nnir mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail
mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win emacsbug
helm-command vc-rcs sh-script smie executable vc-git naquadah-theme
em-unix em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs
em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias align-let git-gutter server
persistent-sessions semantic/db-mode semantic/db eieio-base
semantic/idle semantic/format ezimage semantic/tag-ls semantic/find
semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag
semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet package golden-ratio winner
undo-tree diff image-file newsticker newst-treeview newst-plainview
newst-reader newst-ticker newst-backend shr xdvi-search preview-latex
tex-site auto-loads pcomplete-extension em-term term disp-table ehelp
helm-ipython helm-elisp helm-eval python rx eldoc-eval warnings
whitespace paren time avoid recentf tree-widget savehist smtpmail-async
smtpmail sendmail helm-async iterator simple-call-tree iedit-rect rect
iedit iedit-lib smallurl mm-url gnus gnus-ems nnheader wid-edit
rectangle-utils ledger-config ledger esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt
esh-ext esh-proc eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-arg
esh-util tv-utils async pcvs vc-cvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs
pcvs-util ewoc mb-depth cl-info slime-autoloads esh-toggle flymake
no-word htmlize dired-extension emms-mpd-config emms-playlist-limit
emms-volume emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score
emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-cue
emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort
emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time
emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line
emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode
emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer emms-info emms-streams later-do
emms-source-playlist emms-source-file emms-player-simple emms-setup emms
emms-compat org-config-thierry ob-sh cal-china lunar solar cal-dst
cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus
org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb
org-w3m org-agenda org-annotation-helper addressbook-bookmark message
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
firefox-protocol bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions bookmark
pp init-helm-thierry helm-mode helm-dictionary helm-ls-git
helm-descbinds helm-ls-hg helm-files image-dired tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver shell dired-x dired-aux ffap thingatpt
helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptative
helm-info helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse
url-vars mailcap helm-plugin helm-help helm-match-plugin helm-grep
wgrep-helm wgrep helm-regexp grep helm-external helm-utils dired compile
helm-locate helm vc vc-dispatcher helm-config helm-aliases epa-file epa
derived epg epg-config auth-source eieio eieio-core gnus-util mm-util
mail-prsvr password-cache info cl-macs gv edmacro kmacro org-crypt org
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv advice help-fns org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
time-date noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint
ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs net-utils
cl cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997