Subject: bug#16070: 24.3.50; Crash, Emacs fatal error: assertion failed: c->buffer_beg <= start && end <= c->buffer_end

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 17:16:14 +0200

> From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 21:39:52 +0900
> 
> > I guess this crash doesn't happen with every Org file, because I just
> > tried and it didn't crash.  Could you post the shortest Org file that
> > causes the crash, and also tell at what position in the file to try to
> > cycle visibility?
> 
> Please see cut down version of my org file.
> 
> When opened attached org as follows, it automatically crashes on my system. 
> emacs -Q test.org -eval "(set-buffer-multibyte nil)"

Thanks.  That particular crash is fixed in trunk revision 115399, but
I'm not sure if it fixes your original use case (did you also toggle
buffer's multibyteness there, after visiting the file?).  If the
problem is not entirely fixed, please show the recipe to reproduce the
problem.