Subject: bug#16070: 24.3.50; Crash, Emacs fatal error: assertion failed: c->buffer_beg <= start && end <= c->buffer_end

From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 21:39:52 +0900

Hello Eli,

On Dec 06 2013, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 13:23:08 +0200
>> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> 
>> Also, is the Org manual the one from the Emacs repository, or from
>> elsewhere?  If the latter, please tell where to get it.
>
> Sorry, please disregard this part, I misunderstood what you meant by
> "cycling".
>
> I guess this crash doesn't happen with every Org file, because I just
> tried and it didn't crash.  Could you post the shortest Org file that
> causes the crash, and also tell at what position in the file to try to
> cycle visibility?

Please see cut down version of my org file.

When opened attached org as follows, it automatically crashes on my system. 
emacs -Q test.org -eval "(set-buffer-multibyte nil)"

Info collected from M-x report-emacs-bug

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.4 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
 of 2013-12-05 on sealion
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/home/yagnesh/local/emacs-05458c7 --enable-checking
 --without-compress-info 'CFLAGS=-g -O0''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o <tab> r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode easymenu time-date tooltip electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Thanks.,
-- 
ఎందరో మహానుభావులు అందరికి వందనములు.
YYR