Subject: 24.3; Printing doesn't work

From: Андрей Парамонов<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 12:33:40 +0400

To reproduce:
0) Run Emacs.
1) M-x view-hello-buffer. Hello buffer is shown (correct).
2) File/Print Buffer. Emacs asks if it should use default printer (correct).
3) Click Yes. Emacs reprots error:
Opening output file: permission denied, c:/82.97.201.165

Reproducible on Windows 8.

Best wishes,
Andrey Paramonov

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.2.9200)
 of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.2.9200
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: RUS
  locale-coding-system: cp1251
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <C-down> <C-down>
<C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down>
<C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down>
<C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down>
<C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down>
<C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down>
<C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down>
<C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down>
<C-down> C-x C-s <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <file> <print-buffer> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<menu-bar> <file> <ps-print-buffer> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <escape> <escape> <escape> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar>
<help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Wrote c:/vilnius-2013/zoo.txt
(No changes need to be saved)
byte-code: Beginning of buffer [11 times]
(No changes need to be saved)
byte-code: Beginning of buffer [12 times]
Send current buffer to default printer?  y
Spooling with options (page headers are not supported)...
direct-print-region-helper: Opening output file: permission denied, c:/
82.97.201.165
Formatting...done
Printing...
direct-print-region-helper: Opening output file: permission denied, c:/
82.97.201.165

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils ps-mule ps-print ps-def lpr misearch
multi-isearch dired time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win
w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32 multi-tty emacs)